Frequently Asked Questions
Sorry, no. We can only accept listings from the business itself.
No. It’s not required.
It’s different because:
- membership helps to unite New England food into a single digital space.
- bringing the food community together makes us stronger and more competitive as a region.
- you’re helping to support and grow the New England food community.
- the entire site can be promoted. It doesn’t pit businesses against each other.
- people don’t have to scroll through a million posts, tweets or photos to understand what you do.
- people don’t need to be signed in to learn more about your business.
- when you create a business listing on this site, your business is showcased alongside other fantastic New England regional food businesses, making it easier for consumers and other businesses to find you.
- your business listing is searchable by key word. This means if you add “just picked strawberries” to your description and someone is looking for strawberries, they can find you.
- the site uses geolocation making it easy for customers to find you when they’re nearby.
- customers can engage with your business and businesses can connect with each other.
- it’s like your website on steroids.
There are no rules on how often you need to update your listing. As with any business marketing, we recommend that you keep your information current.
No. Billing information is private.
You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and Discover.
We partner with third-party payment processor, Stripe, to process your payments, so your credit card numbers never enter our system. Stripe has the most stringent level of security available (PC Service Provider Level I).
As an additional measure, Fresh New England ® also maintains it’s own SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is the technology that keeps internet connections secure and safe from prying eyes.
There are 2 possible options, depending upon your needs:
1. Create a separate membership for each location. Sign up for a membership and create your first webpage. Once it’s complete and paid for, log out and repeat the process using different a different business location and different user information (username and email). For example your first account might be called, Resto Boston while the second would be called Resto Burlington.
Benefit: You can have different people manage their own websites and correspondence.
2. Pay for one listing and link to your additional locations by adding the link to the “Find Us” field. The benefit of this is cost savings. It’s also good for food truck and pop-ups that change locations regularly.
Some businesses have a basic temporary web page on this site as an initial courtesy to showcase New England farms and fishermen. Please join soon to ensure your page remains active.
Memberships and donations are not returnable. We do not provide refunds. Please make sure you’re happy with the membership terms before you pay.