This is a private membership community and we have strict membership rules governing online conduct on all of our websites. If you do not agree with our community rules, do not use our sites.
We want you to have fun, but we also want you to be safe. Here are our guidelines:
- Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your tips or show them how to use the website. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself – our community is waiting for you.
- Be kind. Treat members and friends with decency and respect.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic. When creating a new discussion thread, give a clear topic title and put your post in the appropriate category. When contributing to an existing discussion, try to stay ‘on topic’. If something new comes up within a topic that you would like to discuss, start a new thread.
- Talk policy not politics. Constructive, fact-based discussions about food policy are welcome.
- Share your knowledge. Don’t hold back in sharing your knowledge – it’s likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information or links, provide your sources.
- Be constructive. When posting reviews, be thoughtful. Remember that it is difficult to run a business and that you are directing your comments to human beings. Indicate what you like and what needs improvement. Do not attack a business.
- Keep it safe. Remember that the internet is available to anyone to view. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, let us know.
We need to make sure that material posted in the discussion forums is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may edit or delete any post, message, review, group, avatar, account or display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member, friend or service providers
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- contains swearing or offensive language
- is nonsensical and/or irrelevant
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- contains defamatory comments capable of damaging the reputation of an organisation or individual
- represents groups with a known history of violence, hate, or manipulation of scientific facts
- impersonates anyone
- encourage illegal or violent activity
- violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity
- contains advertisements
- spams or floods the site with messages
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere
- includes personal information such as full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details
- puts overt pressure on other members to respond, including “goodbye” messages or SHOUTS; writing in caps is considered shouting in web etiquette
- describes or encourages violence or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- contains references to suicide, self-harm or sexual abuse
- competes with or attempts to undermine Fresh New England, LLC
- is submitted in multiple parts to avoid the character limit
- is made from duplicate accounts
- is suspected to be from corporate, public relations or shill accounts using this Site to push or advocate politics, policy, or a corporate agenda.
- is “spam” (i.e., unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this Site by any other person, including placing malware on the Site.
- is a “mailbomb” (i.e., emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent)
We also may delete any account without refund that is ignores eligibility rules (casinos, bars or competing technology) or any user and website that signs up for the wrong package (e.g. signing up for a sprout package when you have 20 employees)
If your account is deleted for any of the aforementioned reasons, you will not receive a refund.
Post at Your Own Risk
You participate in the our community at your own risk. Fresh New England takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted. You take full responsibility for any and all use under your account and username, regardless of whether you’ve authorized it.
Direct Messages are Not Public but are Visible to Our Staff
We’re not in the business of reading them, but do keep this in mind when crafting direct messages.
We do not provide refunds. Please make sure you are happy with the service before signing up.
All Posts Are Subject to Review
Archiving and Read Only Discussions
Fresh New England reserves the right to Archive or make any discussion “Read Only” at any time at its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, any postings or discussions that are disruptive in nature or are in contravention of any posted policies.
Report a Problem If you feel that someone in the Forums is behaving in an inappropriate manner, please let us know. Make sure you are logged in, click on the members profile to ‘report abuse’ and fill out our report abuse form. A staff member will look into the problem.
Are you having technical problems using Fresh New England sites, please visit your user account>technical support.
(adapted form health care Australia) bulletin board